Roasted Garden Carrots with Sumac Coconut Yogurt
Fabulous side dish
- 1 large baking sheet lined with parchment
- 2 lbs organic garden carrots with or without tops
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
Coconut Yogurt Sumac sauce
- 1 cup Koko Kai Coconut Yogurt Simple Plain
- 1 Tbsp Sumac
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to tast I prefer white pepper here.
- Baby Arugula or fresh Dill or saved carrot tops
- Preheat your oven under convection roast at 425F. Prepare the Carrots, peel and remove the greens. Keep them whole or cut in half if two long.
- Line the carrots on the baking sheet on top of parchment, drizzle with Olive oil, season with salt and pepper and top with cumin seeds.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare with your yogurt sauce; in a medium mixing bowl, add the coconut yogurt, sumac, lemon zest and mix while drizzling the olive oil. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Set aside
- Remove the carrots from the oven and let cool slightly
- Lay the Sumac Yogurt on a flat white serving platter..Arrange the roasted whole carrots on top of the yogurt and finish with fresh arugula, dill or carrots tops..
- Serve immediately.