Roasted Whole Cauliflower in Yogurt Marinade
Amazingly Delicious, fun and dramatic presentation...Roasting a whole head of cauliflower? This recipe has you slathering cauliflower in a spicy yogurt marinade and roasting it at a high temperature.
- 1 large head of Cauliflower bottom leaves removed
- 2 Pints cherry Tomatoes rinsed
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.5 cup Koko Kai Coconut Yogurt Simple Plain
- 1 whole lime juice and zested
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder or Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- Preheat the Convection Roast oven to 425F and lightly grease a small baking sheet with vegetable oil. Set aside.
- Trim the base of the cauliflower to remove any green leaves and the woody stem.
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt with the lime zest and juice, chile powder, cumin, garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour the entire marinade over the cauliflower and rub it all over..Leave at room temperature for about 30-45min.
- In a oven safe pan such as cast iron, add a drizzle of Olive oil and lay the cherry tomatoes at the bottom season with salt and pepper and give it a quick mix. Place the marinated cauliflower on top bottom down.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes until golden brown and the cauliflower can easily be pierce by a knife.
- Remove from the oven and let it cooled for 5-10minutes. Cut quarters and place on a serving plate with the cherry tomatoes and optional cilantro chutney.